Thursday, June 23, 2011

Diary of a Deprived #1

I have always known how it feels to be bereft -- not with provisions, education and what not . . . save friends.

I'm not a needy person nor am I desperate but it just felt really good as I watched Raju embrace and celebrate the moments of having friends like Rancho and Farhan. And as I watched 3 Idiots, I cannot help but feel that heart-wrenching grip of envy as i wonder (i always did) how it feels to be him.

I remember growing up, I'd wish, no, not wish, I'd beg God every summer break that when I get back to school, I'd have friends like them.

To actualize the feeling that you get from that movie, having those people who'd make you believe that everything's possible as long as you're together, who'd exhaust all means there are in the world just to stand by with each other, who'd bring you to moments of foolishness and triumph one after another and who'd forget time just to create memories that will be cherished forever meant one of the deepest desires of my very life.

And to every tear of gratitude Raju shed, mine did too . . .

. . . but with a wanting to feel the same.

:'|

4 comments:

  1. everything is possible with us Jeth. hahaha.
    >__< ALL IS WELL.

    the hospital scene made me cry to the Hikbi level.
    Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know.. All Is Wall. i have really made that my motto ever since i watched it.

    i really liked it when he said "the heart scares easily. we have to trick it . . . ALL IS WELL."

    amazing right? very touching their friendship. my tears fell too, with a wanting to feel the same talaga. hay. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want friends like them too -- as in through whatever! :'(

    just by thinking about it makes me cry T.T
    Ugh. I can really feel their pain. :((

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know!!!!!!!
    like after i watched, i swear, i kept on coming back to those scenes that really magnified their friendship!

    and the next day, i was so envious i felt really depressed. like psychologically! i'd think about it every time i go to sleep.. i become sad and all that! i really envy those 3! :(

    ReplyDelete